⭐ Google Ads Disapproved Due To Malware [FIXED]
Table of Contents [TOC]
- ⭐ Google Ads Disapproved Due To Malware [FIXED]
- ⭐ Google AdWords Account Suspended – How To Fix?
- Possible Ways to Find Malicious Code in WordPress:
- ⭐ Request a review from Google On Suspended Ads – Template
- Contact Google Adwords Team
- Tips for removing malware or unwanted software
- Get Help Fixing Google Ads disapproved malicious or unwanted software wordpress issue
- Like this:
WordPress site ads getting disapproved due to malicious links? This happens due to malicious scripts injected in website code that redirects visitors to malicious pages, bundling software without consent, automatic downloads, false representation of content and others.
Google’s policies require that all ads be trustworthy and relevant and the company uses strict policies to enforce this. Google considers malicious content to include any software or mobile application designed to harm a computer, its users or the software it is running. Google detects malware through its automated process, which aggregates data from various sources. This article explains why Google Ads can be disapproved due to malware or unwanted software, outlines the steps to remove malware and get Google ads approved again.
⭐ What To Do If Your Google Ads are Disapproved Due To Malware?
If you’re here, your ad has been turned down by Google Ads/AdWords. Google AdWords uses certain policies and deviation from these policies throw up errors and Google Suspends your Ads due of Malware or Malicious Unwanted Software. If Google sees that an ad is breaking their rules about harmful software, it will stop showing until the problem is fixed. If your ad was stopped because of malicious code or bad software, you must find and remove the malicious code from your website before you submit ad reconsideration appeal to Google.
If Google Adwords Identifies WordPress site as a carrier of Malicious or Unwanted Software they won’t let run any of your ads linked to that site, and any new ads pointing to that site will also be disapproved.
This issue can crop up on your WordPress site even if you dont have many plugins installed and even the security scan shows your website as clean. In this case, it depends on which security plugin you have used to check for malicious code on your site. Most of the time malicious link in decrypted form is hidden deep inside your website files. Free plugins won’t perform a deep scan.
Usually, the malicious links are hidden in your theme or plugin files in the nulled plugin/theme installed on your website. Read more about it here. Another possibility is that you might be using outdated plugin and some hacker has exploited the vulnerability present in that plugin.
Be aware that, If you are not able to clean the code from main core file and database. It can regenerate after sometime and this can lead to suspension of your google ads account again and all your google ads will be disapproved.
Google Ads support is your best resource for a quick fix. Their support can explain exactly why an ad was rejected and can suggest the steps to follow to solve the problem. Here we provide a useful step-by-step guide on identifying the reasons for disapproved Google Ads and how to solve Google Ads account suspended due to malware in WordPress site.
In order to meet the standards in the ads world and reinforce the legitimate ones, Google AdWords uses rules. Any deviation from these rules generates errors and the AdWords account gets suspended.
Sometimes this is due to a malicious script injected into the website code that redirects visitors to malicious pages (also known as WordPress malware redirect hack). The reasons may be different and in some cases, the suspension may also be waived.
⭐ Why Your AdWords account has been suspended?
- AdWords Policy Deviation
- Account with infection or malicious content
- Misleading Ads
- Cloaking activities
- Quality of your ads
- Misleading Ads
- Cloaking activities
Malicious content or malware?
Google defines malicious/malware content as follows:
“Malware is a software or mobile application that is specifically designed to damage a computer, a mobile device, the software that it runs, or its users.”
Malware exhibits malicious behaviour that may include installing software without the user’s consent and the installation of harmful software such as viruses. Sometimes webmasters do not realize that their downloadable files are considered malware so that these binaries could be inadvertently hosted.”
In fact, your landing page is unlikely to contain malware or software as described above. That said, Google’s complex process for detecting malicious content or malware is fully automated!
It collects information from reputable organizations that detect malicious content and malware and then focuses on the analysis of that content on specific geographic locations where the most malware is found.
As we can see in the overview of Google’s secure browsing, Google deploys a very large network to ensure that only safe and quality content is available. As the process is automated, errors occur and “harmless” content is often trapped.
When Google Ads mistakenly thinks your ad/page is malicious, the only way to ask Google to reconsider your ad is to sign in to support, follow suggestions to prove that the ad is an error, then return the ad for review.
⭐ Possible causes of Google Ads Disapproved Due To Malicious or unwanted software
- Outgoing URLs on the landing page use http when the landing page is secured via https.
- Images hosted on software not approved by Google Ads.
- There are redirects to the domain or landing page URL.
- WordPress plugins are considered malicious by Google.
- Custom scripts added to the landing page refer to external content considered malicious by Google.
- You’ve included automatic downloads on the landing page: In Google, “The download of the software should only begin when
the user has consented to the download by clicking on a clearly labelled download button.”
- You have included form fields that invite the visitor to submit sensitive information: In Google, “The software must not collect sensitive information such as bank details without proper encryption.”
- False representation of expected content, for example:
“An ad that contains only the words “Download” or “Play” without identifying the software for which it is advertising.
A “Play” button that leads to a download.
- An ad that mimics the appearance of the publisher’s website and claims to offer content (for example, a movie) but instead leads to independent software.
- Website images can also contain malware or embedded code which can trigger RED FLAG in Google and get your ads disapproved.
If you have multiple Google AdWords account for the same business. If you your business has trademark issues then AdWords will block your account. At Wp Hacked Help, we have a team of security experts who daily resolve disapproved Adwords ads issue. We also talk to Google team to get the ads approved.
⭐ How To Check For Ads disapproved by Adwords due to malware?
- The website only displays ads
If your website contains too many ads for the sole purpose of attracting visitors, Google may suspend the website and Google ads.
Google checks very strictly any such site whose main purpose is advertising. Make sure that the number of ads is moderate and that the landing pages have been verified.
- Due to malicious code/programs
If malware is present in Ad Words or on the website, Google immediately suspends the ads. Google regularly checks if ads lead to websites that are infected with malware or help to distribute them. If Google finds such an announcement, it will be suspended.
If your Google ads are suspended, there may be a possibility of a malware infection . You can read more on what Google determines as malicious content and malware in their documentation, here and here. You can read more about their process for malware detection here.
⭐ Google AdWords Account Suspended – How To Fix?
Repairing ads is the top priority in such suspension cases. After knowing the causes, you will be able to take appropriate measures to resolve them. The following steps will guide you through delivering the ads online.
Possible Ways to Find Malicious Code in WordPress:
- Check all WordPress files and database with help of scanner tool and identify the changes that have been made close to the date when your ads were disapproved.
- Check for changes such as Install, Update, Addition of any code/plugin/file/js/css etc being made by the developer or hosting company close to the date of disapproval of ads.
- Check Google console to see if your website is blacklisted in google. Read more on Google blacklisting warning message
- Use different plugins to find the code.
- Try to remove any suspicious base64_decode, eval, referrer, decoded payload etc.
- Get help from your hosting provider or avail services of a security provider having expertise in WordPress, to scan the website for you.
- Analyze your website with our malware scanner. Because the presence of malware is the most common cause of ad suspension, this scan reveals any hidden malware.
- Repair the infected files. Once you have analyzed your website, you will be able to identify the malware or viruses in your ads or on your website. We may also help you remove malware from wordpress site and repairing files in delivering the ads online. Once all infections are removed, you must resubmit your ads. If the infections are completely removed, the approval must be automatic.
If AdWords has rejected your ads, you can do the following to fix ads disapproved due to malware by Google:
- Open Google Adwords >> Go to your Ads & Extensions page and search for your ad.
- In the “Status” column of the ad, you will find the reason for the suspension. By hovering over the “Disapproved” status, you will get a link to the explanation of the policy.
- In the ad you will find a pencil icon. Click on it.
- Edit the ad to follow the rules set by AdWords.
- Finally, click on “Save“. You can find more detail on this page.
If approval is still not available, you must click the “Submit my ads” option in the “Dismissed” section available in the balloon next to the report. Most ads are reviewed within 1 business day, though some can take longer if they need a more complex review.
Other policy issues at Google
If you still have doubts about AdWords policies, please visit this page and fill out the form. Google will answer you with all the details.
For reasons other than that, you should contact Google directly to resolve the problem. Unless you are sure you have solved the problem in the ads, it is best not to submit it for review.
If you still have doubts regarding the policies of AdWords you can go to this page and fill the form.
⭐ Request a review from Google On Suspended Ads – Template
After you have followed the steps, you can resubmit it for review with the AdWords team. For your convenience, our security experts have created a Request a review template that you can use.
Contact Google Adwords Team
If you’re unable to detect violations in your ads, the next step is to contact the Google AdWords team directly.
You can contact them in two ways:
- The first is to use their Google AdWords suspended account.
- The other way is to call Google Adwords Support.
Once you have found a representative of the team, you must indicate that you are serious about business and ads. Then inform them of any violations of your ad and what you tried to do to resolve them.
Make sure to present all the details, as this will help them better understand your problem. After these steps, you must wait because the processing and resolution of the problem take a few days. Be persistent and you will surely see the result.
Tips for removing malware or unwanted software
- Check the status of your site in the Google Search Console. If you’ve never used Search Console before, enter the URL for your website and click “Add Property” to view its status. You may need to verify that the site belongs to you.
- If Search Console reports no problem, your site may still have security issues that have been detected by Google Ads. Consult your webmaster or web hosting provider and use tools such as Stop Badware to deepen your search. You can also download a tool to detect any malicious or unwanted software, such as Malwarebytes Security: Virus Cleaner, Anti-Malware.
- This is how it identifies malware or unwanted software then remove any malicious or unwanted software. Google provides resources and instructions to help you repair your site with help for hacked websites.
- If you cannot repair the ad’s destination, update it with a new destination that complies with this policy and submit for review.
Most ads are reviewed within one business day, but some may take longer if they require a more complex review.
Get Help Fixing Google Ads disapproved malicious or unwanted software wordpress issue
The reason that your Google AdWords got suspended or ads disapproved due to malware, might be due to the fact that your website looked suspicious to Google. Hackers inject malicious content into your ads and contents which alerts the AdWords team, and they suspend your account.
To protect against them, you need the service of website security such as WP Hacked Help who can protect your website and accounts from external attacks and hackers.
With WP Hacked Help, you get the best all-around protection from malware, phishing attacks and many other kinds of hacks such as Web Shell PHP Exploit, WordPress Arbitrary File Deletion Vulnerability, WordPress Pharma Hack, WordPress Backdoors, eval base64_decode Hack , Japanese Keywords Hack and many more WordPress vulnerabilities.
This way you get to keep your account secure and continue with your ads.
Ads disapproved? Drop us a message here and we’d be happy to help you fix it.