- Reasons For Suspended AdWords Account
- Ads Rejected Due To Malicious or unwanted software – Causes
- How To Check For Ads disapproved by Adwords due to malware?
- How To Fix Google AdWords Account Suspended issue?
- Request a review from Google On Suspended Ads – Use Template [.DOC]
- Contact Google Adwords Team
- Tips for troubleshooting malware or unwanted software
If you’re here, your ad has been turned down by Google Ads/AdWords. This failure is far from ideal when launching a campaign, especially when Google’s disapproval message is vague. Google AdWords uses certain policies and deviation from these policies throw up errors and Google Suspended your Ads because of Malware & Unwanted Software.
Sometimes it is due to malicious script injected in website code that redirects visitors to malicious pages. This article is intended to help you steer you in the right direction so that you can start your campaign and your ad as soon as possible.
Google Ads support is your best resource for a quick fix. Their support can explain exactly why an ad was rejected and can suggest the steps to follow to solve the problem. Here we provide a useful step-by-step guide on identifying the reasons for disapproved Google Ads and how to solve Adwords account suspended due to malware in WordPress site.
In order to meet the standards in the ads world and reinforce the legitimate ones, Google AdWords uses rules. Any deviation from these rules generates errors and the AdWords account gets suspended. Sometimes this is due to a malicious script injected into the website code that redirects visitors to malicious pages. The reasons may be different and in some cases, the suspension may also be waived.
Why Your AdWords account has been suspended? – Reasons
- AdWords Policy Deviation
- Account with infection or malicious content
- Misleading Ads
- Cloaking activities
- Quality of your ads
- Misleading Ads
- Cloaking activities
Malicious content or malware?
Google defines malicious/malware content as follows:
“Malware is a software or mobile application that is specifically designed to damage a computer, a mobile device, the software that it runs, or its users.”Malware exhibits malicious behaviour that may include installing software without the user’s consent and the installation of harmful software such as viruses. Sometimes webmasters do not realise that their downloadable files are considered malware so that these binaries could be inadvertently hosted.”
In fact, your landing page is unlikely to contain malware or software as described above. That said, Google’s complex process for detecting malicious content or malware is fully automated! It collects information from reputable organisations that detect malicious content and malware and then focuses on the analysis of that content on specific geographic locations where the most malware is found.
As we can see in the overview of Google’s secure browsing, Google deploys a very large network to ensure that only safe and quality content is available. As the process is automated, errors occur and “harmless” content is often trapped.
When Google Ads mistakenly thinks your ad/page is malicious, the only way to ask Google to reconsider your ad is to sign in to support, follow suggestions to prove that the ad is an error, then return the ad for review.
Possible causes of Ads Disapproved Due To Malicious or unwanted software
- Outgoing URLs on the landing page use http when the landing page is secured via https.
- The images are hosted on software that Google Ads does not approve.
- There are redirects to the domain or landing page URL.
- WordPress plugins are considered malicious by Google.
- Custom scripts added to the landing page refer to external content considered malicious by Google.
- You’ve included automatic downloads on the landing page: In Google, “The download of the software should only begin when
the user has consented to the download by clicking on a clearly labelled download button.”
- You have included form fields that invite the visitor to submit sensitive information: In Google, “The software must not collect sensitive information such as bank details without proper encryption.”
- False representation of expected content, for example:
“An ad that contains only the words “Download” or “Play” without identifying the software for which it is advertising.
A “Play” button that leads to a download.
- An ad that mimics the appearance of the publisher’s website and claims to offer content (for example, a movie) but instead leads to independent software.
If you have multiple Google AdWords account for the same business. If you your business has trademark issues then AdWords will block your account. At Wp Hacked Help, we have a team of security experts who daily resolve disapproved Adwords ads issue. We also talk to Google team to get the ads approved.
How To Check For Ads disapproved by Adwords due to malware?
The website only displays ads
If your website contains too many ads for the sole purpose of attracting visitors, Google may suspend the website and Google ads.
Google checks very strictly any such site whose main purpose is advertising. Make sure that the number of ads is moderate and that the landing pages have been verified.
Due to malicious programs
If malware is present in Ad Words or on the website, Google immediately suspends the ads. Google regularly checks if ads lead to websites that are infected with malware or help to distribute them. If Google finds such an announcement, it will be suspended. If your Google ads are suspended, this may be a possibility of several types of malware eg: WordPress redirect hack. You can read more on what Google determines as malicious content and malware in their documentation, here and here. You can read more about their process for malware detection here.
Google AdWords Account Suspended – How To Fix?
Repairing ads is the top priority in such suspension cases. After knowing the causes, you will be able to take appropriate measures to resolve them. The following steps will guide you through delivering the ads online.
- Analyze your website with our malware scanner. Because the presence of malware is the most common cause of ad suspension, this scan reveals any hidden malware.
- Repair the infected files. Once you have analyzed your website, you will be able to identify the malware or viruses in your ads or on your website. We may also help you in removing malware from wordpress and repairing files in delivering the ads online. Once all infections are removed, you must resubmit your ads. If the infections are completely removed, the approval must be automatic.
If AdWords has rejected your ads, you can do the following to fix ads disapproved due to malware by Google:
- Go to your Ads & Extensions page and search for your ad.
- In the “Status” column of the ad, you will find the reason for the suspension. By hovering over the “Disapproved” status, you will get a link to the explanation of the policy.
- In the ad you will find a pencil icon. Click on it.
- Edit the ad to follow the rules set by AdWords.
- Finally, click on “Save”. You can find more detail on this page.
If approval is still not available, you must click the “Submit my ads” option in the “Dismissed” section available in the balloon next to the report.
Other policy issues at Google
If you still have doubts about AdWords policies, please visit this page and fill out the form. Google will answer you with all the details.
For reasons other than that, you should contact Google directly to resolve the problem. Unless you are sure you have solved the problem in the ads, it is best not to submit it for review.
If you still have doubts regarding the policies of AdWords you can go to this page and fill the form.
Request a review from Google On Suspended Ads – Template
After you have followed the steps, you can resubmit it for review with the AdWords team. For your convenience, our security experts have created a Request a review template that you can use.
Contact Google Adwords Team
If you’re unable to detect violations in your ads, the next step is to contact the Google AdWords team directly.
You can contact them in two ways:
- The first is to use their Google AdWords suspended account.
- The other way is to call Google Adwords Support.
Once you have found a representative of the team, you must indicate that you are serious about business and ads. Then inform them of any violations of your ad and what you tried to do to resolve them.
Make sure to present all the details, as this will help them better understand your problem. After these steps, you must wait because the processing and resolution of the problem take a few days. Be persistent and you will surely see the result.
Tips for troubleshooting malware or unwanted software
- Check the status of your site in the Google Search Console. If you’ve never used Search Console before, enter the URL for your website and click “Add Property” to view its status. You may need to verify that the site belongs to you.
- If Search Console reports no problem, your site may still have security issues that have been detected by Google Ads. Consult your webmaster or web hosting provider and use tools such as Stop Badware to deepen your search. You can also download a tool to detect any malicious or unwanted software, such as Malwarebytes Security: Virus Cleaner, Anti-Malware.
- This is how it identifies malware or unwanted software then remove any malicious or unwanted software. Google provides resources and instructions to help you repair your site with help for hacked websites.
- If you cannot repair the ad’s destination, update it with a new destination that complies with this policy and submit for review.
Most ads are reviewed within one business day, but some may take longer if they require a more complex review.
We Can Help You Keep Your Account Secure?
The reason that your Google AdWords got suspended, might be due to malware in your website looked suspicious to Google. Hackers inject malicious content into your ads and contents which alerts the AdWords team, and they suspend your account.
To protect against them, you need the service of website security such as WP Hacked Help who can protect your website and accounts from external attacks and hackers. With WP Hacked Help, you get the best all-around protection from malware, phishing attacks and many other kinds of hacks such as Web Shell PHP Exploit, WordPress Arbitrary File Deletion Vulnerability, WordPress Pharma Hack, WordPress Backdoors, eval base64_decode Php Hack , Japanese Keywords Hack and many more WordPress vulnerabilities. This way you get to keep your account secure and continue with your ads.
Ads disapproved? Drop us a message here and we’d be happy to help you fix it.